Invisalign® Clear Braces – Rocky Hill, CT
Straighten Your Smile the Easy Way
Maybe you weren’t able to wear braces in high school. Maybe you were, but your teeth have become crooked again in the years since. Either way, the last thing you want to do is sacrifice your professional appearance by wearing metal braces for years. Fortunately, that’s no longer your only option for fixing crooked teeth. Now, you can straighten your smile the easy way with Invisalign clear braces. Thanks to this system of removable, see-through aligners, Invisalign in Rocky Hill has allowed countless adults and teenagers to enjoy straighter teeth without the people around them even noticing! If you’re interested in learning more, please contact Dental Essentials of Rocky Hill today to schedule an Invisalign consultation with one of our dentists.
Why Choose Dental Essentials of Rocky Hill for Invisalign?
- Preview Your Results with Virtual Smile Design Technology
- Dentists with Decades of Experience
- Insurance Accepted & Low- to No-Interest Dental Financing Available
How Invisalign Works
Instead of threading an archwire through metal brackets on each of your teeth, Invisalign uses a series of clear plastic trays to align your pearly whites. Each set of aligners – which you’ll wear for 20-22 hours a day – is designed to shift a small section of your smile at a time. After a few weeks, you’ll switch to the next set of aligners until your entire grin is perfectly uniform. Over the course of your treatment, you’ll visit your dentist in Rocky Hill for brief checkups about every six weeks just to pick up your next few pairs of aligners and ensure your treatment is progressing as planned.
Issues That Invisalign Can Fix
Believe it or not, Invisalign can correct many of the same orthodontic issues that braces can, including:
Brushing and flossing can be difficult when your teeth are too close together. As a result, you may have a higher risk for tooth decay and gum disease. Luckily, Invisalign can gradually shift your teeth into more ideal positions to make cleaning your teeth easier and more effective.
Gaps Between Teeth
Not only are noticeable spaces between teeth considered conventionally unattractive, but they may also have oral health consequences. Pieces of food can get trapped in these gaps and attract harmful bacteria that lead to decay, infections, and more. Invisalign can be an excellent way to even out the spaces between your teeth and create a healthier, more confident grin.
If your upper and lower teeth don’t come together properly, then your temporomandibular joint (TMJ), which connects your jawbone to your skull, may be exposed to great pressure. There’s a chance you could develop TMJ disorder as well as a habit of grinding your teeth and clenching your jaw. Invisalign can correct mild to moderate cases of overbite, underbite, crossbite, and other bite alignment problems.
The Benefits of Invisalign
With all of the advantages that this treatment provides, it’s no wonder why Invisalign remains much more popular than metal braces. Some of the benefits of Invisalign that you can look forward to include:
- Seamless appearance – Unless someone around you knows that you’re going through Invisalign treatment, your aligners should be virtually undetectable.
- Convenience – You can remove the aligners whenever you want to eat, drink, and clean your teeth. This means there are no dietary restrictions as there are with braces, and oral hygiene is as simple as it always has been.
- Comfort – Metal braces notoriously irritate the gums, cheeks, tongue, and lips with their sharp wires and brackets. Invisalign, on the other hand, is made from smooth plastic for maximum comfort.
- Faster results – The average treatment time for Invisalign is 12 to 18 months, while braces often take two to three full years to accomplish the same results.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
Due to the customizable nature of Invisalign, it’s practically impossible for us to give you a cost estimate until we’ve gone over the specifics of your situation. In many cases, the cost of Invisalign is comparable to that of braces, and there’s a chance that dental insurance will cover a portion of the cost. Our team will work with your insurance and can even help you afford your treatment more easily with CareCredit financing.